Today, let us speak up about: OPEN CONVERSATIONS WITH OUR CHILDREN!
A. This is the best place to have open discussions about private topics.
B. Parents, it is your responsibility to find answers to your children’s questions. (Before they find out in the real world)
· Girl’s questions about the menstrual cycle.
· Boy’s questions about their genital part.
· Teen’s curiosity about sex.
· How to keep up with their hygiene the proper way.
· Let them be aware of every possible STD (Videos, books).
· Children’s questions about giving birth.
A. Our children do not learn too much about the “financial world” in school.
B. Parents, it is your responsibility to teach your child (ren) how money works.
· How credit/debit cards, check books, saving accounts, etc. work.
· How to save (in every way possible).
· What is necessary verses the unnecessary.
A. It is very important to keep up with your child’s short term/ long term goals.
B. Parents, it is your responsibility to guide your children in the path that’s best for them.
· It is crucial to be supportive of your child’s dreams and goals.
· Discuss the pros of cons of the possible outcome of their goals.
· Your child should set deadlines to challenge themselves for success.
** Please take the time to have these important factors discussed with your child (ren). It may seem easier for your child to learn from their classmates/ friends, but you are not sure where that discussion can lead to behind peer pressure. If you (the parent) do not have open discussions with your child; the results will be detrimental to both parties.
** Most parents are not open with their children due to the embarrassment of the topic. However, these topics are what help your child grow into an adult. Do not leave room for your child to find out answers elsewhere.